Carney, Gaudet & Carney

Get Peace Of Mind With

An Unmatched Defense

Photo of attorney JW Carney Jr.

Boston Criminal Appeal Lawyers

A guilty verdict is not the end of the story. At Carney, Gaudet & Carney, located in Boston, we fight to overturn our clients’ convictions, restoring their innocence and freedom.

Anything is possible. That is something we keep top of mind. When listening to your story, we are not doubting it; instead, we are thinking of ways to prove events happened as you describe them.

When Judges And Juries Get It Wrong

Sometimes judges and juries get it wrong. When this happens, you have the right to appeal. In Massachusetts and under federal law, the right to appeal arises in several circumstances, such as:

  • When new evidence was found that could impact the outcome of your case
  • If you were wrongfully denied a jury trial
  • If evidence was submitted that should have been suppressed
  • When other errors were made that significantly impacted the outcome of your case
  • If your former counsel was ineffective

We Have Decades Of Criminal Appeals Experience

Appellate courts are not like trial courts. The rules regarding evidence submission, the arguments you can raise and the general procedures are different. To be successful at appeal, your attorney must understand these important differences and know how to navigate them.

Jay Carney is a skilled defense attorney. Over the course of his career, he has handled many high-profile criminal appeals with great success. When representing you on appeal, he and our team of lawyers have one goal: to overturn your verdict. One of the strategies we use is to “humanize” you in the eyes of the prosecution and judge.

We know that it’s easy to see the case file, not the person. We make sure prosecutors, judges and juries see you as a person. We tell them your background and your life story. When they see you as a real person with real struggles, they are often more sympathetic to your case.

We Believe You, And We Will Fight For You

If you or a loved one has been convicted of a crime, you may have the right to appeal. To discuss your options in detail, contact our firm at 617-404-9683. We will listen to your story, review your case and advise you of your legal rights. If an appeal is available, we will fight to overturn your guilty verdict.